Monday, October 02, 2006

Back to my harpist roots

It's the first time I attended a harp recital in Boston - nope, I think in my life. And I'm honored and privileged to be in the same room as 3 top harpists in their own rights, right here in Boston's very own New England Conservatory (NEC).

I was at Ina Zdorovetchi's recital. She is a student of Ann Hobson Pilot, who is the harp faculty at Boston University and NEC. Not forgetting my teacher, Felice Pomeranz, who the harp faculty of Berklee College of Music who attended Ina's recital too. Ina is the 1st runner-up of the Cité des Arts de Paris International Harp Competition 2005, the most coveted prize in the world of Harp. She currently plays with most of the orchestras here in Boston, including BSO, Boston Pops, Boston Ballet. My teacher graduated from NEC 25 years ago, under the tutelage of Ann Hobson Pilot too. She recently just released a Intorduction to Jazz Harp instruction DVD. Ann Hobson Pilot is the Principal harpist of the BSO.

All I can say is - Wow...


From L-R: Felice Pomeranz, Ann Hobson Pilot, Ina Zdorovetchi and I

No comments: