Saturday, September 02, 2006

The past one month...





It has almost been a month since I last pen down my thoughts on my blog. Living at my friend's home in a gated community outside the city of Houston for almost a month - with a Labrador and 3 cats - a beautiful view of the lake and a national park; just sitting out at the backyard - a recent addition to the beautiful view; the hummingbird migration season - has definitely distracted my mind from my usual routine of surfing the internet, practice my piano/harp, doing homework, drinking, meeting up with friends.

In the midst of my 'solitory confinement', I found time and interest in reading Confucius's Analects and Lao Tzu's Dao De Jing, thanks to Jill's resourceful library of philosophical books. For the first time in my life, I realized how my personal life has been influenced by these 2 great Chinese philosophers even without my notice. Despite growing up in a Christian environment since birth, Confuciunism and Daoism has definitely been part of my life, now that I've read a little about their philosophy.

Back to music, I did learn how to use Logic Express, Kontakt, Peak, Battery and Finale. On top of that, I've also gathered quite a number of sound samples, thanks to my purchase of the M-Audio Microtrack - it's quality is simply amazing. I also traded music with Jill, who deepened my knowledge in Rock and Country music a little more. Oh yes, I also took time to listen to Richard Devine's music collection.

There, this is what I've been doing the past month. I've a better idea of myself, my music, my technology. This should lead me to a better understanding of what I want to do with my life - eventually.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I finally found a solution to Jerry's food intake problem. He's Jill's 15 year-old cat. He has been vomitting his cat food almost immediately after eating it everytime. Just now, I saw him vomitting nothing, just stomach juice. We tried feeding him with fish and whipped cream, but he didn't like it. Today I fed him with my lactose free milk - whalla, he licked the plate dry. I'll continue to monitor if he still likes it in the next meal...

Getting ready to start school again... Can someone remind me the available tensions of all the major and minor chords???

Oh by the way, Happy belated National day to you Malaysians out there.

1 comment:

Grace Tan said...

cats..eeeee..