Sunday, September 24, 2006

Here comes Fall 2006 - a 10-year tribute to TIGS's chinese of 1996

Yesterday marked the official beginning of Fall 2006. It also meant that I've been here for 1 year 2 weeks.

Many things have changed and many things remained the same over this past year, I don't even know where to begin.

I am in fact pretty excited now, at this very moment, cos I just caught up with a childhood friend - whom I've not spoken to in 2 years?? or more? - over the phone. She just had her Chinese Wedding ceremony back in my hometown, Batu Pahat. There was so much to say, so much time too, but not enough money... hahaha... but it was very good conversation...

It's good to learn the updates of my childhood classmates through this friend, Ee Yi. In fact, I should backtrack a little bit to thank Su Peng, my FIRST childhood friend from school, for updating me about Ee Yi.

Moving on, I was told more friends are getting married in the near future (yup, it's that time in our lives...) and of one who'll be moving back to setup a pharmacy in my hometown. Ee Yi and her husband will begin their lives together in Shanghai next month...

Who would know the group of us - wacky chinese of TIGS, Temenggong Ibrahim Girls' School - would be where we are today? This feeling is overwhelming... I'm still savouring this emotion.

We have come a long way, my friends. Hopefully we'll have that opportunity to meet up as a group again very soon.

By the way, I strongly believe that I'm the only wacky one left. Don't believe me? Check out my latest photo below... Please also be reminded that I'm 27!!




This is the class photo taken 10 years ago - a few days before our secondary school public exam. Ee Yi is our brightest student in the school. However, in the photo, you can only see her eyes - right behind.

No comments: